Protocols, Guidelines & Resources
Below are some tools and guidelines to assist you and your office team in your daily practice.
- JNC7: The Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on the Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure
- JNC 7 Reference Sheet
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- JNC 7 Express
High Blood Cholesterol
- ATP III At-A-Glance: Quick Desk Reference
This health professional reference outlines cholesterol management in a sequence of easy-to-follow steps.
- ATP III Executive Summary
This publication for health professionals summarizes recommendations derived from the evidence-based full clinical guidelines. Key tables and figures from the full report are included for easy reference.
Other Guidelines and Resources
- AHA Guidelines for Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke: 2002 Update: Consensus Panel Guide to Comprehensive Risk Reduction for Adult Patients Without Coronary or Other Atherosclerotic Vascular Diseases, Circulation 2002 Jul 16
- AHA/ACC Guidelines for Secondary Prevention
- American Heart Association Guide for Improving Cardiovascular Health at the Community Level
- AHA Guidelines for Women
- Community Screening Blood Pressure Quick Guides
- Community Screening Blood Cholesterol Quick Guide
- Community Screening Guide
The Maine Cardiovascular Health Program has several additional resources that may be helpful in your practice. Visit our resources page to view and order.