Goals & Priorities
Our Vision: "Heart Healthy and Stroke-Free in Maine"
Program Goal: Reduce death, disability, and health care costs due to heart disease and stroke in Maine
- Control high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Control high blood cholesterol
- Know signs and symptoms of heart attack and stroke and the need to call 911
- Improve emergency response for heart attack and stroke
- Improve quality of care related to cardiovascular disease prevention and control
- Eliminate disparities related to cardiovascular disease prevention and control
Collaboration with Maine CDC Diabetes Prevention and Control Program (DPCP): Our program works very closely with the DPCP. Diabetes and cardiovascular disease are very closely related and so is the work of our programs. We even share a program manager. To learn more about the DPCP please visit their website.